Make the most of your DONA International membership
A great way to gain more from your DONA International membership is to become involved. DONA International is a volunteer-led organization and your involvement is crucial to our ongoing success. Volunteering with DONA International also reaps big rewards for you, through networking and educational opportunities.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Whether you want to volunteer a little or a lot, there is an important role for you at DONA International.
Please read the application requirements and process information before submitting your application.
Open Volunteer Board of Director Positions
The following DONA International Board of Directors
positions are open. Apply immediately.
- Director of Public Relations
- Director of Publications
- Mexico Region Director
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions, which will become available January 1, 2016. The deadline for application submission is July 1, 2015.
- President Elect
- Director of Certification
- Multicultural Director
- Southeastern US Director
- Western Canada Director
- Southwestern US Director
Request a detailed job description for any position by contacting nominations@DONA.org.
1. A resume or curriculum vitae
2. A one (1) page letter of intent, which covers the applicant’s goals for the position, demonstrates a working knowledge of the time commitment and responsibilities of the position; expresses a desire to serve DONA International and explains why the applicant is the right person for the position
3. Reference phone and email contact information for three (3) people who can attest to the applicant’s qualifications
E-mail completed application packet to:
Be sure to keep a copy of all application documents for your records. A return email will acknowledge receipt of your application packet. If you have any questions or need clarification, please contact nominations@DONA.org.
DONA State/Provincial/Area Representatives – 2 year term
Represent your state, province or area. Become the link to DONA International for childbearing families, professionals and DONA International members. SPARs (state/provincial/area representatives) inspire and lead other doulas and play a key role in our organization.
The following representative positions are currently open in the US:
North Dakota/South Dakota
South Dakota (see North Dakota)
The following representative positions are currently open in Canada:
Contact nominations@DONA.org for a job description and your Regional Director for more information about the position and your eligibility. International representative positions are also available. Contact InternationalDevelopment@DONA.org for information.
Each applicant must submit the following, in writing, to the appropriate Regional Director. (Please check the Board & Leadership page for contact information for your region.)
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- A one (1) page letter of intent, which covers the applicant’s goals for the position, demonstrates a working knowledge of the time commitment and responsibilities of the position, expresses a desire to serve DONA International and explains why the applicant is the right person for the position
- Reference phone and email contact information for two (2) people who can attest to the applicant’s qualifications
Volunteer Positions – Committees
There are multiple committee positions available to correspond with your interest, skills and availability.
Certification Committee: Certification and recertification packet reviewers, contact CertificationDirector@DONA.org for more information.
Publications Committee: Editorial positions and foreign language translator positions are available. Contact Publications@DONA.org for more information.